MerchantCantos ("We", “Our”, “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website [www.merchantcantos.com] (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our sister companies); or
- Any third party (including our sister companies), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We may collect from you
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information (User Data) about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and information about the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your operating system and browser type; this is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We may ask you to provide information by filling in forms on Our site www.brunswickgroup.com. This includes information provided in order to subscribe to receive periodic updates via email, or to request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our site.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may request further information from you from time to time following on from any contact you have made with Us through this Website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Website.
For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A Cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your computer’s browser so that this computer will be recognised by the site on your return.
Cookies allow Our web server to recognise your computer on connection to Our Website, enabling us to provide a better browsing experience. In addition cookies may also be used by Us to help gather statistics about the use of this Website, such as most visited pages, time spent by users on each page, site performance, etc. By collecting and using such data, We hope to improve the quality of the site.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
The data collected by Our site and/or through cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information may not be kept for longer than one year.
Where We store your personal data
The data We may collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to Our Website and/or Our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing client, We may only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous agreement with you.
If you are a new client, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) may contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form which collects your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to any member of Our group, which means Our associated companies.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If We or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about Our clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect Our rights, property, or the safety of, Our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We may use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at Brunswick Group LLP, 16 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED, United Kingdom or [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of sister companies within our group. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
In line with MerchantCantos’s policy of non-rejection, we believe everyone should be able to access our website and we are taking continual steps to improve our service for people with disabilities. Whilst creating this website, we've incorporated recommendations and best practice from the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
This website has been developed to be as accessible as possible within the confines of the technology we are using. By following guidelines set down by the W3C we are trying to make sure that all the information on our website is available to everybody: not just the text, but the information contained in the images and other media.
We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines, and our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at a variety of different screen resolutions, including those used on mobile and tablet devices.
- Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
- CSS is used to control styles used on our website and relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text
- Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the appropriate option in your browser
- Images that convey important information have alternative text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour
Downloading PDF documents
PDF documents on our site can be read with Adobe Reader
We support the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 9 and above
- Current versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari
If you have a particular need that we do not currently cater for, please contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to help.